Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Director of Client Strategy - Enterprise, West
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Client Strategy professional to help form and scale our West Coast team. You will take the best things about what we do now across CS and improve them specifically for our West Coast team and clients: coaching + training, setting up new processes, spearheading growth initiatives, etc. You will work cross-functionally with Sales, Product, Design, Engineering, and Marketing to make sure we are doing everything possible to grow some of our largest client relationships.
- Build out and grow our West Coast team from the ground up (ideal candidate located in Pacific or Mountain time zone)
- Manage Mid-Market Customer Success Managers with the aim of maximizing client retention and happiness from our West Coast clients.
- Oversee and lead new coaching + training initiatives across a wide range of areas: data analysis + presentation, client management, objection handling
- Travel in person to maximize relationships with top tier clients and contribute to upsells + renewals - Implement new processes and operations vital to scaling the team
- Work with executive team (CEO, Head of Product, VPs of CS, Sales, Marketing, Design) to translate customer feedback into specific product requirements
Skills & Qualifications
- Excelled in a CS/AM role (preferably at a marketing/software company or startup)
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous managerial experience
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset: self-motivated to work independently on tight timelines to achieve ambitious goals
- Extremely personable: excited to coach and develop employees internally and work closely with clients externally
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.