Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Client Strategy Operations Lead, Tool Implementation
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for someone who can bring a keen analytical mind to solving real, immediate business problems for our customer success team (what we call “Client Strategy”). You thrive when you have wide latitude to investigate open-ended questions, and are able to stay focused amid layers of analysis so as to come up with actionable, digestible insights (and quickly). You are someone who enjoys turning analysis into process, creating net new processes, and constantly thinking of ways to make things more scalable and operationally efficient. You require very little oversight and can take projects over the finish line autonomously. You have plenty of experience working cross-functionally with several stakeholders, and are able to hold senior leadership accountable when information is needed from them. You love working with customer-facing people and supporting their goals.
- Own the implementation of a department-wide tool to support our growing Client Strategy ("Customer Success" or "CS") team.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Ops (re: Salesforce) and BI (re: data engineering and Looker) to facilitate successful implementation of said CS tool.
- Strong project management skills, including but not limited to, holding senior leadership accountable to deadlines, pushing forward cross-team micro initiatives, collaborating daily with stakeholders at the vendor, and maintaining a feedback loop with the tool users - Customer Success Managers ("CSMs").
- Own large ongoing initiatives and proactively recommend ways to improve upon them as we rapidly scale.
- Represent CS in org-wide discussions of process flow changes, tools/software vetting, and anything that could potentially impact CS downstream.
- Be comfortable identifying gaps in systems, processes, and the like, and autonomously fixing and/or improving upon them.
- Be comfortable ideating on, and overhauling, existing processes, such as headcount planning, budgeting, compensation planning, and team performance tracking (including benchmark setting) for the entire CS organization.
- Run thorough analyses on critical, urgent, and wide-ranging topics both specific to this team, but also applicable to the broader organization.
- Be acquainted with our most used tools such as Looker (or comparable data visualization tool), Salesforce, G-Suite, and SQL (we also use Jira, Slack, and Monday.com for project management).
- Be able to build Looker explores, familiarize yourself with our data definitions, pull data from the database using SQL, conduct analysis in Google Sheets, and contextualize answers for customer-facing teams and individuals.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4-6 years of experience analyzing structured and unstructured data with a goal of informing business decisions
- Mastery of Excel, SQL, Looker (or comparable data visualization tool), G-Suite, and Salesforce. Ability to conduct analysis solely in Google Sheets is a must.
- Strong business acumen. Can find the right data to answer an ambiguous question, craft a thesis, write a narrative, and communicate it to non-technical peers.
- Able to hold others accountable and work with many stakeholders including senior leadership, in order to solve critical business problems.
- Comfortable constantly learning new software, and seeking out new tools to expand existing processes.
- Experience navigating complex workflow processes, tight timelines, and changing teams.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized - able to juggle multiple channels of communication and back-to-back meetings.
- Experience at startups, in software, and/or with entrepreneurship.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.