Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Associate General Counsel - Corporate & Securities
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is seeking an Associate General Counsel, Corporate & Securities to join Attentive’s quickly-growing legal team and report to our General Counsel. You should have superb legal experience and equally strong business judgment. You will work closely with our exec and finance teams.
- Lead all areas related to the company’s securities laws matters and related compliance, including IPO readiness, investor relations, proxy management, and SEC reporting and disclosures as needed.
- Design and implement the policies, procedures and controls required for corporate legal compliance, including corporate governance programs.
- Support corporate secretary function – draft corporate governance materials, including resolutions, minutes, and other materials for meetings of the board and its committees.
- Oversee the company’s equity plan.
- Support the execution of M&A and fundraising transactions.
- Corporate entity creation and management, including for international expansion.
- Juris Doctor degree and qualified to practice law in-house in New York state
- 7+ years of experience in legal practice; corporate law experience within a nationally recognized law firm. IPO experience required.
- Deep experience with US Securities, including SEC reporting, securities law compliance and corporate governance; structuring and negotiating M&A and financing transactions; and managing subsidiaries.
- In-house experience at a hypergrowth late-stage startup is preferred.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.