Dashlane simplifies and secures your digital identity across all platforms and devices.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, our interview and onboarding processes will remain fully remote until further notice. At times like this, we're even more committed to providing you support and flexibility while you interview and onboard for your new job.
Dashlane is currently looking for a hands-on Senior Accountant to join the finance team reporting to the Global Controller. As our Senior Accountant, you will own all day-to-day accounting operations including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Payroll, ensuring compliance with US and local statutory and tax guidelines as well as internal financial policies and procedures.
About the role:
You will support the Global Controller on special projects and will interface and collaborate directly with other internal and external stakeholders to advance organizational goals while maintaining appropriate internal controls and ensuring the integrity of the accounting data.
You will be based in Lisbon, with English as your working language. We offer relocation support.
At Dashlane you will:
- Own the month-end close for Portugal (separate legal and accounting entity)
- Collaborate with Global accounting team in month-end closing activities and other accounting matters
- Process vendor and supplier invoices, credit card and other bank transactions by coordinating necessary approvals, and preparing the payments when necessary
- Prepare monthly reconciliations as part of month-end closing process (bank account, fixed assets, other balance sheet accounts)
- Coordinate the payroll process with HR Business leader and third-party payroll firm
- Manage the flex benefits expenses, travel expenses, and all other reimbursable expenses
- Comply with local government reporting requirements and tax filings including VAT returns
- Assist in preparation all work papers and year-end financial statements for tax authorities and audits, including transfer price entries.
- Prepare and analyze management information reports as requested
- Create and/or update processes and internal documentation on a regular basis
- Help understand fiscal risks and navigate the regulatory environment, in partnership with the local leadership and HR team
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 4+ years of Accounting experience
- Local and tax compliance experience
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
We're also looking for:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams
- Attention to detail and accuracy, structured and autonomous working style
- Results-driven with the ability to organize, prioritize and plan workload to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage the relationship with the different stakeholders, and professional firms to ensure compliance with fiscal accounting rules are met.
- Proficiency in Excel and ERP systems.
Dashlane is a web and mobile app that simplifies password management for people and businesses. We empower organizations to protect company and employee data, while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere. A better digital future starts with secure access.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company—founded in Paris and split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.
- Web Engineering Manager - Browser Extension team (Remote Eligible - Portugal) Lisbon, PT
- Web Engineering Manager - Browser Extension team (Remote Eligible - France) Paris, FR
- Team Leader - Customer Support & Service (Remote Eligible - Portugal) Lisbon, PT
- Senior Systems Administrator Paris, FR