Practo is a healthcare app that allows consumers to find doctors, book appointments and conduct online consultations.
Job Description / Skills Required
- Lead a team of great engineers
- Oversee all software development activity for a large part of product- manage tasks, milestones, and dependencies across multiple concurrent projects
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (product management, sales, marketing, support, finance, etc) to improve product capabilities and services.
- Provide technology leadership and create a collaborative working environment
- Ensure implementation of formal best practices and standards for software development
- Play an active role in hiring, training, mentoring, and motivating a world-class engineering talent pool
- Ensure that engineering processes are continuously followed and improved upon
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and negotiate the best possible outcomes for the organization
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- 8+ years of professional experience solutioning, developing, and web applications using Java / JEE / Spring or related technologies. Knowledge of Struts 1.x an added advantage.
- 2+ years of experience managing successful engineering teams including delivery, process and performance management.
- Good understanding of databases and SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL) and caching technologies (Redis, Memcache, EhCache etc)
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java
- Basic understanding of frontend JS Frameworks (Angular, React, Redux).
- Strong technical background with track record of individual technical accomplishments.
- Strong command of object oriented principles/programming and experience with building Rest services.
- Agile management experience, primarily Scrum.