Practo is a healthcare app that allows consumers to find doctors, book appointments and conduct online consultations.
We are looking to hire an experienced Medical Technologist to help us keep growing and set up a world class testing facility. If you're hard-working and dedicated to going to any extent for giving a quality experience to people, Practo Technologies is an ideal place to get ahead. Apply today!
Responsibilities for Medical Technologist
- Studies blood cells, their numbers, and morphology using a microscopic technique.
- Implements & follows all accreditation guidelines, ISO 15189, NABL 112, CAP and policies and procedures.
- Analyze test results and enters findings in computer
- Perform blood group, type, and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair any issues with the equipment used in the laboratory.
- ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and that everything is clearly and correctly labelled
- Performs calibration and troubleshooting on testing systems and instruments to ensure adherence to established standards of accuracy.
- Maintain quality assurance of the laboratory by performing proficiency testing
Qualifications for Medical Technologist
- 2 to 8 years' experience as a Medical Technologist
- Valid DMLT Certificate / Bachelors in Medical Laboratory Technology, required
- Previous experience as in a hospital laboratory setting preferred
- Specialization in areas such as hematology, blood-bank, serology, immuno-hematology, bacteriology, histology, or chemistry
- Must possess a strong eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Deeply analytical with strong mathematical abilities