Practo is a healthcare app that allows consumers to find doctors, book appointments and conduct online consultations.
Practo is on a mission to make quality healthcare affordable and accessible for over a billion+ Indians. We believe in empowering our users with the most accurate, comprehensive, and curated information and care, enabling them to make better healthcare decisions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's laboratory operations and performance.
- Responsible for the overall operation and administration and P&L of the laboratory, including the employment of competent lab personnel at city level.
- Ensure that testing systems developed and used for each of the tests performed in the laboratory provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of test performance, which includes the pre-analytic, analytical, and post-analytical phases of testing.
- Ensure that the physical plant and environment conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe work environment.
- Ensure that the test methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality of results required for patient care; meet accuracy standards; and lab personnel are using test methods for accurate and reliable results.
- Ensure that the laboratory is set up and meets all NABL / CLIA requirements including lab personnel requirements.
- Establish and maintain quality control and quality assurance programs to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify failures in quality as they occur along with the quality team.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of acceptable levels of analytical performance for each test system.
- Establish operations standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete on-time delivery.
- Oversee the development of the organization's plans and programs in evaluation of long-range planning and regulatory action on operational performance. Foster a unified culture and promotes a process for collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and mutual teamwork.
- Monitor utilization patterns of lab services and advises Leadership and other appropriate staff of developing trends in clinical service needs.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with internal and external customers in order to ensure a timely response to new clinical service trends and program planning.
- Ensure operational adherence to currently accepted technical service standards for laboratory medicine.
- Ensure operational adherence to applicable policies and procedures by all technical and operational staff.
- Participate in the development and implementation of operations budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements.
- Advise, negotiate, manage and administer all contracts into which the lab may enter.
- Lead and direct the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Perform other duties as required.
Title: Senior Operations Manager - Lab Operations
Department: Diagnostics - Operations
Reporting Manager: Anuj Khanna
Skip Manager: Rowel Coelho
Key Performance Indicators (Metrics)
Diagnostic CSAT at 95%
On-time Report % at 99%
Turn-Around-Time of the lab
Device uptime % above 99.5%
Stakeholders you’ll be working with:
Product Managers/Product Owner/Engineering Managers/Engineers/TrainingTeam/Marketing Team/Support Teams/OME Teams, Doctor Relations team, Finance Team, HR team and Sales team.
Qualifications and Experience
- 6 to 8 yrs of setting up labs and handling lab operations at regional and national level.
- Prior experience with setting up labs with home collection facilities would be preferred
- Proven track record from handling lab chains
- Degree from top IIT/ tier 1/ tier2. MBA would be preferred
- Experience with high-growth startups would be desirable
- Experience in planning and leading process at a large scale would be desirable
Desirable Traits and Skills:
Execution planning and implementation
Metrics tracking and reporting
Communication and leadership skills
People and conflict management
Ability to build consensus and relationships among varied groups of people.