Amplitude helps companies build better products.
About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
Amplitude is looking for a VP of Investor Relations to join our team. You will be responsible for building and running our Investor Relations function. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role at a publicly traded SaaS company. In addition to being an experienced IR professional, you should have a deep understanding of finance, outstanding business acumen, and strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
You will report directly to the CFO and play a critical and strategic role at Amplitude.
As VP of Investor Relations, you will:
- Coordinate and/or prepare earnings releases and other financial announcements, conference call remarks, investor presentations, and management reports of market, trading, and stock ownership nature
- Be a thought partner to the CFO and senior leadership on defining company vision, and strategy for delivering shareholder value
- Handle first line communications between the company and the investment community including shareholder relations, both domestic and international.
- Work with the CFO to maintain and develop sell-side and buy-side analyst relationships
- Advise senior management on expected investment community reaction to various strategic decisions and current market perceptions of the company
- Works closely with Corporate Communications team on full range of external and internal communications
- Monitor industry and competitor developments, alert management and prepare proactive and reactive plans as needed
- Partner with FP&A and BizOps to analyze financial and operational data in order to propose and lead strategic projects aimed at driving growth and improving profitability
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business; MBA preferred
- Minimum 15 years of investors relations, corporate finance, equity research, investment banking experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a financial leadership position (Director or above) in a technology (preferably enterprise SaaS) company
- Proven success building an IR function in a public technology company preferred
- The ability to communicate business strategies and complex financial information clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences both orally and through written material utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a strong network of investment community relationships, including investors, analysts, rating agencies, and financial media.
- Demonstrated ability to work across the broader finance, accounting, strategy, product development, and sales functions to understand and influence business trends and incorporate this understanding into our external communications.
- Thorough familiarity with all aspects of public company SEC reporting
- Broad knowledge of stock exchange rules and regulations
- Thorough understanding of quantitative and qualitative financial modeling
- Proven ability to create and analyze financial models to analyze company performance relative to analyst and investor models and to effectively position the Company among its competitors
- Experience interacting with and presenting to executive teams, board members, investors, analysts, agencies, and other external parties
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, and PayPal.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.