Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Head of Procurement
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,900 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
Location: This position can be performed remotely.
We are looking for a Head of Procurement to build out and lead the procurement function at Gong. You will be responsible for data management with regards to purchases and contracts and work to develop purchasing standard methodologies.
This role will liaise with Gong’s external procurement function working on SaaS purchases while simultaneously building out the non-SaaS purchasing process. This role will also lead the non-SaaS purchasing efforts, bringing both together in a seamless workstream that delights the internal stakeholders while ensuring our external suppliers have a streamlined, efficient experience with Gong’s purchasing process.
The right candidate will also build out and implement a world-class Procurement function, from the RFP process and contract negotiations to an efficient PO system built for scale. You will deliver not just measurable cost savings to the company but also an effective and easy-to-understand procurement experience for both employees and suppliers.
- Be the main point of contact in the growth and development of Gong’s approach to corporate procurement
- Work closely with internal stakeholders at Gong and assist in growing the business by supporting the procurement and PO approval process
- Develop, communicate, and implement procurement best practices across Gong
- Focus on the development of repeatable, temptable processes for strategic sourcing, procurement and supplier management
- Assess supplier proposals including compliance with procurement guidelines, company policies, and alignment with strategic company objectives
- Prepare and coordinate Request for Proposal (RFP) / Request for Quotation (RFQ) events
- Review new contract listings and monitor supplier performance through the life of the contract
- Review all POs that have recently closed
- Update FAQ and training-related resources
- 8+ years Tech industry experience in procurement
- Experience building out P2P processes
- Extensive experience with contract negotiations
- Strong project management, communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment