Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager
Tel Aviv, IL
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong is one of Israel’s most valued private software companies. Our solution uses machine learning and AI to automate big parts of customer-facing roles. Over 2000 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality.
At Gong, we’re building new-generation, machine-learning based software that automates big parts of customer-facing roles by “understanding” their conversations and related work.
Our solution guides sales professionals, coaches them on how to become better, performs tasks for them, and directs them to the best actions.
Gong is looking for a Head of External Reporting & Technical Accountant to join our Finance team. In this role, you will play a critical role in the finance and accounting operations globally. You will be responsible for the integrity and accuracy of our reporting under US GAAP, Israeli GAAP and other statutory reporting requirements. You will partner closely with other stakeholders at Gong to facilitate any filings and support the company's strategic initiatives and report to the Director of Finance.
- Perform technical research and consult with management and the external auditors to ensure proper accounting treatment is applied and documented for all transactions.
- Work in partnership with business units, stock administration, and corporate accounting to provide support and guidance for potential new business models and accounting transactions.
- Lead the preparation of quarterly and annual filing, including public filings as required.
- Proactively monitor, interpret and disseminate, as required, all relevant and appropriate accounting issues.
- Analyze new accounting pronouncement for potential impact and adoption and provide support on adoption.
- Provide training to accounting, finance, and business teams on new and existing accounting standards, as relevant.
- Work with the Gong’s external auditors and advisors on audit, tax, accounting and other economic matters.
- Work closely with other leaders at Gong to lead projects related to accounting, financial reporting, internal controls and other business initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)7+ years of experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm, including quarterly and annual filings with the SEC.
- Exceptional US GAAP and accounting skills, including the ability to convert technical research and interpretation into a practical solution
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills in English
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- A proven ability to communicate effectively and to build strong working relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and G-Suite
You'll get to:
- Work closely with some of the best talent to create a truly amazing team.
- Join a fast-growing company early, make a difference, and enjoy the ride.
- Challenge yourself and take your career to the next level.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package