Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Tech Lead Manager to build and lead our Payments & Subscriptions Engineering team. This position reports to our Director of Platform Engineering and will be responsible for contributing directly to the codebase and building a new team dedicated to creating and managing the systems that are used for payments and subscription management across our entire line of products.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 70% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have at least 4-6 years of experience working on billing systems in a B2C environment, supporting millions of transactions per month and complex, subscription-based payment structures.
- You are familiar and have worked with worldwide payment systems such as debit/Interac, ELV, JCB, and so on.
- You have experience working on systems that requires Level-1 PCI compliance.
- You have previously worked in an environment that must be compatible with audited financial controls. Knowledge of ASC 606 is a plus!
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- You have a proven track record of growing engineering teams through great hires, fostering the creation of a harmonious culture, and finding the right intersection between expediency and best practice.
- You’re a great mentor, and enjoy helping other engineers grow and realize their full potential.
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!