Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Noom is looking for an exceptionally talented Associate General Counsel to join our budding legal team. You’ll own Intellectual Property, Litigation and Labor and will be responsible for establishing organization-wide processes. You’ll also support Noom’s teams with their legal and compliance needs, giving advice and making sure that Noom is complying with applicable privacy and regulatory regimes. You’ll work directly with our GC, as well as with leaders from across the company.
This is a special opportunity at a special company — we’re doing exciting things, and we’re just getting started! Noom is quirky, fast-paced, and positive; we care about our employees and our users, and we put our all into our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. We are always looking for people who are smart, curious, humble, and collaborative as we grow. If this sounds like you, reach out!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Planning and building Litigation, IP and labor legal function to scale and hiring a team of counsels to support the business growth;
- Managing and drive strategy for a wide range of IP and Employment agreements and litigation
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsels
- Advise the company on copyright, trademark, and related non-patent IP issues
- Manage and actively participate in internal discovery activities
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with IP and labor regulations
- Supporting international and ops teams on international expansions and M&As
- Training and educating the Company’s business teams on legal issues relating to its IP, Labour and litigation, including playbooks and FAQs
- 7+ years of relevant experience ideally in Litigation, Employment, and IP law
- Ideally at least 2 years of in-house experience at a fast-paced technology company; experience managing other legal team members and helping to build legal teams is a bonus
- Demonstrated experience partnering with and providing timely support to in-house business clients
- JD from accredited U.S. law school; licensed in good standing with a state bar
- Experience developing creative solutions to navigate complex legal issues to both protect the company and drive Noom’s business forward
- Has the ability to prioritize and manage multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, rapidly-scaling environment
- Creative thinker who is comfortable with change and ambiguity, and is able to bring a first principles approach to building scalable processes
- Able to manage stakeholder requests and expectations and balance the requirements of internal teams, compliance needs, and external stakeholders
- Able to communicate clearly and productively with non-legal stakeholders