Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is seeking an accomplished Payroll Specialist to meet the needs of our growing organization. The individual will be responsible for processing and maintaining payrolls with high accuracy and to follow payroll standards and best practices. This individual must deliver exemplary customer service and possess strong analytical skills. Reports to the Global Director of Payroll and Accounts Payable within the Accounting team.
6 Month Expectations
- Prepare and process accurate payroll for 200 + growing workforce encompassing biweekly, semi-monthly and monthly payrolls domestic and international
- Assist Payroll Director in set up of new locations and the functionality associated with the process
- Maintain accurate records for payroll documentation and transactions
- Respond to payroll-related inquiries and resolve concerns in a timely manner
- Assist Payroll Director with monthly payroll reconciliations
- Coordinate with the Accounting team to provide financial reports for payrolls and auditing purposes along with periodic payroll reports for review by management.
- Follow internal controls and best practices to further strengthen our payroll processes and procedures.
- Process payment of special transactions such as off cycle payments, retroactive pay, and other statutory withholdings
12 + Month Expectations
- Coordinate and ensure the preparation of all quarterly payroll related tax returns, audit W2’s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Define and document policies, procedures and controls related to payroll operations; used for training of department personnel and end user
- Prepare payroll balancing and funding
- Balance's payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries.
- A payroll professional with a minimum of 5+ years experience in payroll in a high volume multi-state payroll department (California). Understanding of payroll taxes at Federal, State and local levels in addition to working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices
- You're tech savvy and have experience working with accounting and payroll software (ADP Workforce, Lifion, and eTIME is a plus)
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You're exceptionally organized and have a strong sense of prioritization and organizational development
- You're detail oriented, diligent, and creative to find alternative solutions for issues and inefficiencies
- Intermediate to advanced Excel/Google Sheets proficiency and ability to work with large datasets
- A deep understanding of Payroll practices, legislation and regulation
- Experience working in global, multi-state, and public company
- Time management skills with an excellent ability to prioritize workload.Highly organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High Level of Integrity and confidentiality
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.