Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
The Creative team is looking for a Packaging Designer to build innovative brand experiences, and support the ongoing evolution of the Glossier brand.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative, proactive, and detail-obsessed designer with solid 3D design, 2D design, and typography skills; someone that is eager to take on challenges, introduce fresh ideas, and implement new approaches, grow, test and learn. They will collaborate with the design team to create on-brand, innovative and thoughtful product packaging concepts and designs. They are responsible for maintaining a comprehensive understanding of company strategy and goals to ensure all output aligns and keeps the brand moving forward. They will take full responsibility for their projects both creatively and operationally (with partner teams).
Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a wide range of work. We take inclusive, discerning, and above all personalized approach to Glossier’s brand voice, art direction, product and packaging design, to retail and experiential concepts, and also production of all those deliverables.
Six Month Expectations
- Take the lead on given projects ranging from physical product to unboxing & brand collaterals
- Generate original concepts with a fresh visual approach to design and materials
- Demonstrate nuanced understanding of the Glossier brand
- Ensure that Glossier's established look-and-feel and voice is successfully implemented across all products and collaterals by overseeing design and development of all pieces
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to oversee packaging development from concept to execution
- Develop creative assets and design concepts that meet the business objectives and advance our brand strategy
- Work closely within the Creative team: partnering with product developers, packaging engineers, production designers, and experiential designers
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Constantly maintain and enforce packaging design guidelines (typography, materials, color palettes) for general Glossier and product collections across all touch points, updating and refining as we continue to grow into new markets, partnerships, etc.
- Maintain packaging standards and help evolve visual systems as we continue to grow into new markets, partnerships, legal requirements, etc.
- Ongoing creative exploration and development as we expand our product family
- Inclusive, courageous, discerning, curious, and devoted to the customer
- Training or degree in Industrial Design
- 3-7 years of professional design experience in packaging and/or industrial design
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Comfortable working autonomously and collaboratively
- Ability to embrace curiosity and creativity, and can champion ideas with confidence
- Thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Eager to take on new challenges, introduce and implement new approaches and ideas, grow, test and learn
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.