Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell Group is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing classifieds marketplace platforms across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Started in August 2012, Carousell Group began in Singapore and now has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah.my, Cho Tot and OneKyat, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell Group is backed by leading investors including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver and Sequoia Capital India.
Here at Carousell Group, our engineering team works on a myriad of user problem. We are looking for a Quality Engineer, who will focus on design, maintain test cases and perform both automation and manual tests to support our continuous integration and deployment process.
This person will join our Engineering Team in Mudah.my brand.
You will be
- Be in charge of the quality of Mudah websites, Mudah apps and other products.
Develop automated solutions for testing various aspects of the system that can be leveraged continuously and more precisely than manual testing.
- Write scripts and create automation environments for repeated tests of the user application to reduce the burden of manual regression testing.
- Work closely with the QA Analysts and Product team to understand business use cases which will help to ensure the quality of each and every release.
- Work closely with Agile developer and system engineer teams to speed up the software development velocity with high quality.
- Be responsible for the stability and robustness quality of live software on production systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Development, or a related field.
- At least 2 years experience working in QC role, Test Automation Engineer, or related position with equivalent experience
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java or Python/NodeJs/Golang
- Experience with functional and regression test automation
- Hands on experience with automation test tools: Selenium, Cucumber (BDD framework), TestNG, Postman, CI/CD tooling (eg:
- Experience with software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Ability to create test plan, test cases based on Agile User Stories
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Passionate about mobile and web apps, love digging out issues
- Good at communication and problem solving
- Good command of English Language in speaking, reading and writing
- Understanding and full experience in DevOps development culture, principle and practices is a plus
Note: Only shortlisted will be notified.
Agencies: Please do not call or email any employee of Carousell Group outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, to the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property/ownership of Carousell Group and, in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.