Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
United States of America
Glossier is a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique, innovative, and engaging digital and offline experiences to fuel our growth. We leverage the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation and commerce on the internet.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will work in a truly collaborative setting with engineers, product managers, UX researchers, stakeholders, and other designers to bring our evolving digital experiences to life. You will create functional, delightful and beautiful user experiences across our digital touch points. You have a strong eye and aesthetic sensibility, but are constantly looking to validate design decisions through customer feedback, quantitative insights, and evolving best practices. You consider scalability of design systems and work closely with other designers and the creative team on interpreting and developing the Glossier brand digitally. You strike the perfect balance between solving for user needs, pushing for the most beautiful and elegant solution, while driving meaningful impact for the business.
As a Lead Product Designer at Glossier, your responsibilities are to:
- Partner with product managers, research, data, engineers, and other cross-functional team members on executing against the E-Commerce roadmap and delivering solutions for projects of medium-large scope and complexity
- Work in all levels of fidelity to validate designs, communicate design rationale, and seek alignment across a variety of stakeholders
Six Month Expectations
- Commit your time to familiarizing yourself with Glossier’s UX design processes and partners
- Become familiar with Glossier’s brand, culture, values, and existing design and development workflows
- Build relationships with partners as a lead product designer and work together to uncover & solve specific customer needs while creating new, delightful experiences
- Be proactive in learning and asking questions as you take ownership over a specific project and area with clearly defined goals
- Support your e-commerce team through planning, prioritizing, and executing on UX deliverable timelines for your respective area
- Partner with product management and engineering to drive project roadmaps and milestone requirements.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Uncover opportunities to drive innovation through design thinking exercises and team workshops
- Collaborate closely with research to help build a deeper understanding of Glossier’s customer base.
- Work across verticals to learn and refine UX workflows and unlock opportunities that allow the team to move faster
- Champion and drive how we connect and build relationships with our customers and community
- Advocate for the customer throughout the project lifecycle; leveraging human-centered design principles and other problem-solving techniques
- Manage your own timelines and priorities (with the help of your manager) to meet tight deadlines in an agile environment
- 6-8+ years of experience as a product designer, interaction designer, user experience design, or similar UX-related role
- You have a strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-leading design and business success and depth of work in product design, visual design, and UX (wireframes, journey maps, personas).
- You have strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, and web-based information architecture and design
- You have an excellent eye for visual design and application of color, layout, type, and information hierarchy.
- You have an obsessive attention to detail and hold a high quality bar
- You’re able to work independently and gracefully, prioritizing projects and focusing on the things that matter most
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.