Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide-- and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-diabetes, and hypertension. Noom is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
Noom is looking for a Senior Corporate Accountant where you will have the opportunity to manage the process of classifying, recording and translating our core product transactions into reliable accounting data in accordance with GAAP requirements. In your role, you will partner with the Corporate Controller and other business teams, as well as take part in designing an internal transaction process and automating the revenue accounting process. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, technologically inclined, results driven and would thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. This is a great opportunity to take on a lead accounting role, as well as obtain great experience in operational and technical accounting in the consumer and enterprise health and wellness space.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own and improve upon accounting, reporting, and financial operations and processes for accounts receivables and accounts payable
- Reconcile internal data to accounting posted balances and perform complex bank reconciliations
- Partner with the operations team and perform daily inquiries on unusual transactions
- Monitor and update NetSuite journal entries and participate in reconciliation software implementation
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting package, and prepare monthly working papers prepared for the monthly/ quarterly/ annual closing
- Assist in improving, developing and documenting accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Work with cross-departmental teams to understand any potential changes and the impact on accounting systems and processes. Participate in defining the required adjustments from an accounting process perspective
- Support external audit and miscellaneous reporting requirements
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or relevant field
- At least 4+ years of relevant accounting experience, out of which at least 2 years of experience at an operating company
- Experience at a corporate accounting department of a public company or experience working for a public accounting firm
- Experience with high volume transactions
- Strong knowledge of Excel and accounting systems
- Strong analytical mind and an eye for detail
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
- Nice to have: Experience with subscription-based payment models is a BIG plus, as is experience at a startup.
- Fluent in foreign language is a plus
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll be a part of Noom's rocketship-- revenue has grown 20x in the last 2 years and our team is growing fast.
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, and onsite yoga
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting your professional and personal growth: we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll add to our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit culture