Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Head of Engineering Learning & Development
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,500+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
- Build and run the engineering onboarding program; measure its success, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Identify areas for onboarding program improvement (on an ongoing basis), prioritize and drive them to completion, while working with different departments across the company.
- Collaborate with internal teams across Product, Design, Customer Success, and others to add content to the onboarding process.
- Develop our 90-day “onboarding best-practices” guidelines for engineers and managers.
- Encourage/build a strong documentation culture within the organization, while maintaining and improving documentation informational hierarchy.
- Create documentation and best practices standards in collaboration with other members of the department.
Cross-Company Collaboration & Continuing Education
- Develop an Engineering-team-specific “on-going education program” to inform our team on the new technology investments we are making to our platform
- Take ownership of the relevant educational content within Attentive, empowering engineers to take more ownership of their careers.
- You are an influencer and can work effectively with cross functional leaders.
- You have excellent project management skills and can identify and prioritize work to meet the team’s shifting demands.
- You are a skilled functional & people manager with strong leadership skills.
- You are invested in the success of the engineering team, providing critical assistance to their ramp-up and through education initiatives, enabling them to maximize their contributions to the company while recognizing different learning styles and rates at which they learn.
- You value diversity, inclusion and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Either: (1) Engineering-specific L & D experience (5+ years), including at least 1 year of Management experience - OR - (2) Engineering experience (5+ years), including at least 1 year of engineering management experience. You may not have actively coded recently, but you were an excited software developer at one point in your career. You understand how engineers learn and increase their level of contribution.
- Experience creating and facilitating learning content and curriculum.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.