An elastic network-services platform.
Want to change the future of security integrated with networking?
Are you interested in fundamentally changing the technology and designs used in the $40B+ WAN, branch networks and managed services market? Does the concept of migrating global telcos and Fortune 500 customers from traditional network and security hardware to highly agile software and virtualized security driven network functions pump you up?
If so, Versa Networks might be a great place for you. Versa was founded by the engineering executives that built the multi-billion-dollar MX Series routers at Juniper and funded by top-tier and very network/security savvy investors Sequoia Capital, Mayfield, Comcast ventures, Verizon Ventures, Princeville Global fund and others.
We are looking for a UX Designer with 7+ years’ experience in product design. We have been named in Gartner’s magic quadrant (MQ) leader in Secure SD-WAN and have received leadership ratings of our product feature breadth by cybersecurity industry ratings leaders.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of designing flows and wireframes with a strong bias towards user-centric design. The ability to focus in a fast-paced environment with UX leadership, Product Managers, Engineers in an agile environment. The UX Designer will be responsible for researching, creating and developing concepts and specifications that optimize the structure and behavior of screen- based, software solutions for the mutual benefit of both user and business.
Work within this job family falls into three major categories:
- Creating complete design systems to make UX and UI extremely productive creating a rapid velocity for design iterations
- New Visual Design and UX/Interaction Design
- Enhancements - changes to original design and extensions to existing programs.
- Develop high level mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Ability to sketch high-level and detailed ideas individually and during working sessions.
- Work closely with immediate team of Product Managers, UI Developers and Content Strategist.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall interaction and visual design stewardship and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the interaction and visual design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Human Interface design, Industrial design, Industrial engineering with a Human Factors/ergonomics focus, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive sciences, Applied Psychology, User Interface Design, Fine Arts, Communication design, Graphic Design, or equivalent.
- Broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and Communication Network orchestrator designs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of usability, interaction design, information architecture, progressive revelation principles, and user centered design process.
- Clear ability to articulate via design language complex processes made simple by the application of usability principles
- Proven UX focused ability in networking, security applications related business
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for interactive and interface design testing and acceptance.
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall interactive and interface design.
- Excellent skills in creative design tools (Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Abstract, Bohemian Sketch, Figma, and prototyping tools, such as InVision, Framer).
- Understanding of using Grid based frameworks of Bootstrap 4/Material UI/Semantic UI kitbased templates for the XD, Sketch or Figma based design systems
- Proven track record of creating strong foundational design systems which incorporate design componentization, versioning, exporting designs in HTML and CSS based on standardized grid systems, streaming designs in CI/CD pipelines of ReactJS (Storybook/Visual Studio code etc.)
- Ability to create beautiful analytics visualizations and interactions and workflows resulting from those visualization that give deep user insights
Versa Networks is a small but rapidly growing organization. It is built by people with vast experience in the networking industry. We are a pragmatic team with a healthy work-life balance. We offer competitive compensation packages with pre-IPO equity. Additionally, we offer a quality of life benefit to everyone in an inspiring environment with skilled and passionate co-workers. Our exciting company culture offers a great place to work and most important, to have fun.