An elastic network-services platform.
Versa is a Sequoia funded later-stage start-up and a leading provider of Enterprise class SD-WAN and security technology. Customers include companies such as Bayer, Visa, Group BPCE, Barclays, COLT, Symantec and Liberty Global. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an emerging force in the software-defined communications and security networking industry
The goal of Versa Networks is to provide unprecedented business advantages through a software-based approach that allows for unmatched agility, cost savings and flexibility. We have created a feature-rich, scalable yet simple to use software platform to implement many different enterprise and service provider use cases, including:
- Full software-defined branch for enterprise customers.
- Secure SD-WAN for enterprises with layered security.
- Next-generation managed services for service providers.
We are looking for a Regional Sales Director with enterprise and channel experience.
The Regional Sales Director will work on the development of new end user accounts in a given target geographic territory and/or industry. The account executive is required to be in front of end users, even if not selling direct, to build the relationship and share the Versa Networks story. This position will be field based and involve travel. The job involves managing a territory and growing business through their own experience, including previously established relationships; a successful applicant must have strong industry contacts and demonstrated success in personally closing business in the target space. Success involves both a long and complex sales cycle for Versa Classic and shorter sales cycles for Versa Titan, which is a pure channel sell. Strong contacts within related channels is a requirement, as is building out a credible GTM strategy for your territory.
- Drive new business through strong partner and customer contacts and industry knowledge.
- Create and maintain a customer pipeline, hitting objectives, revenue goals and growing the territory.
- Meet committed sales numbers on a quarterly basis.
- Recruit and build relationships with Channel partners to grow brand presence with end users.
- Establish executive level relationships, understanding the needs and language of customers’ specific business.
- Lead and coordinate complex, team selling efforts (with internal and external partners).
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership with all Versa Networks staff, specifically with Sales Engineers and technical support staff.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customers’ technology infrastructure in the WAN, LAN and branch, strategy and business requirements.
- Partner to create successful proposals and presentations in response to RFPs and other customer needs.
- Drive a territory strategy in alignment with Versa Networks software and security strategy.
- Accurately forecast POC, sales figures and projections.
- Consistent communication with Versa Networks sales leadership.
- Manage accurate data and record keeping in Salesforce to increase customer satisfaction and brand penetration.
- Attend trade shows, meet-ups and other activities to raise Versa Networks’ presence in the industry.
- Successfully negotiate with internal and external partners and end-user customers.
- Manage customer relationships post-sale; including a strategy to close repeat business.
- Must have 6-8 years of experience in end user enterprise selling, with strong technical expertise, including deep industry knowledge and contacts.
- A successful account executive will be expected to drive business through their own experience, including previously established relationships.
- Must consistently be in the top 25% of Salesforce in quota attainment.
- Must have experience negotiating large transactions, ELA and be instrumental in closing deals.
- A demonstrated knowledge of SD-WAN, security solutions and market place is highly desired.
- Problem solving
- Highly motivated
- Commits time and effort to ensure success
- Strong presentation skills