An elastic network-services platform.
Versa is a Sequoia funded later-stage start-up and a leading provider of Enterprise class SD-WAN and security technology. Customers include companies such as Adobe, Visa, Cargill, Barclays, CapitalOne, Symantec and BP. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an emerging force in the software-defined networking and security networking industry
The goal of Versa Networks is to provide unprecedented business advantages through a software-based approach that allows for unmatched agility, cost savings and flexibility. We have created a feature-rich, scalable yet simple to use software platform to implement many different enterprise and service provider use cases, including:
- Full SASE software-defined branch for enterprise customers.
- Secure SD-WAN for enterprises with layered security.
- Next-generation managed services for service providers.
We are looking for a Channel Development Manager / Channel Manager with 5-10 years of Channel Development experience.
The Channel Development Manager role is responsible for the identity, recruit and on-board of new Versa channel partners within assigned territory.
The Channel Development Manager will be responsible for maintaining strategic relationship at all levels with Versa channel partners to ensure revenue goals are achieved for the region or territory assigned. Responsibilities include, enabling channel sales and SE’s to sell Versa portfolio, conduct field marketing campaigns to drive net new pipeline, conduct prospecting events, participate in seminars & tradeshows, and managing opportunities with channel partners through the various sales stages (including setting up demos and PoCs) to achieve quota. The role requires working on complex technical projects and or business issues requiring state of the art technical knowledge or industry know-how. Channel Development Managers in EMEA will target enterprise accounts with less than 2000 employees.
- Identify, recruit and on-board new Versa channel partners within assigned territory
- Ensure all Versa Channel partners are meeting the requirements and certifications of the Vera ACE channel partner program
- Ensure all Versa channel partner sales and SE’s are certified on Versa portfolio
- Sell through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Coordinate with Versa Sales Director and Inside Channel Sales Representative to sell Versa architecture to new and/or current customers in an assigned region to achieve or exceed assigned quota through Versa channel partners
- Coordinate with Versa channel partners to create and execute business plans to meet sales targets for each Versa channel partner
- Analyze market trends and competitors and accordingly develop sales plans with each Versa channel partner to increase brand awareness through increased revenue outcomes
- Evaluate Versa partner sales performance and recommend strategies for improvements
- Educate Versa channel partners about product portfolio and services offered along with associated earnings
- Communicate up-to-date information about new products and enhancements to Versa channel partners
- Manage Versa channel partner sales pipeline, forecast their monthly sales and help identify new business opportunities
- Remain knowledgeable of Versa’s portfolio to facilitate sales effort
- Manage sales activities of partners to generate revenue including field marketing and prospecting campaigns to develop pipeline to meet quota expectations
- Conduct demos and proof-of-concept (PoC) testing with Versa Channel SE / Channel Partners to achieve repeatable sales through Versa Channel partners
- Develop positive working relationships at multiple levels within partners to build Versa value while understanding where sales conflicts may exist
- Address pricing issues in a timely manner
- Maintain sales records, Versa channel partner scorecard, and prepares sales reports as required
- Maintain Distributor relationships and along with accurate forecasting and inventory levels
- Continually develop and maintain the strongest of skills through advanced training
- Understand and be an expert at SaaS and Cloud selling economics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training in business or sales management required
- Minimum of five years channel development experience in high tech sales required
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills required
- Excellent presentation skills required
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly required
- Highly motivated sales starter and ability to work independently required
- Proven impressive ability to find ways over, under, around & through barriers required
- Must be extremely sensitive & adaptive to both stated and unstated partner & customer needs
- Experience creating focused, collaborative, results-driven teams with partners
- Proven, consistent over achievement of channel development sales required
- Proven track record of exceeding customer and partners expectations required
- Ironclad integrity required
- Ability to manage multiple objectives, tasks and clients required
- Ability to prospect and qualify potential accounts and partners required