Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Lead Product Manager - New Product Experimentation
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re forming a new product organization at Attentive called New Product Experimentation (NPE). This group is focused on product expansion – in finding new ways to serve our customers beyond our core SMS marketing business. This is a high-priority effort at Attentive, where you’ll build new products that shape the future of mobile marketing and commerce. We’re looking for entrepreneurial product leaders who will tackle 0-to-1 product development – from ideation, customer validation, rapid prototyping and experimentation, through go-to-market.
You at Attentive:
- You have at least 4 years of experience as a Product Manager.
- You are a well-rounded product leader – someone who has excellent product sense (design + UX), sound understanding of technical tradeoffs and decisions, and strengths in market dynamics and business strategy.
- You thrive in ambiguity but can also move fast and execute, navigating seamlessly between early stage product ideation through execution and go-to-market.
- You measure your success as a PM through shipped software; you have a track record of 0-to-1 products you’ve shipped.
- You have experience working on a highly technical product and/or you have a strong technical background.
- You have experience assuming the core Product Manager responsibilities in an Agile environment, e.g. grooming & prioritizing a product backlog, writing product requirements, preparing work for sprint planning, attending the team standup, working with your engineering counterparts to support the team throughout the sprint, etc.
- You have experience setting up, running and measuring the results of lower cost product experiments aimed at validating assumptions and gathering initial data.
- You are deeply analytical and are comfortable sorting through data & using it to make data driven decisions.
- You understand how to balance speed vs. robustness in what you build - i.e. you want to build everything the right way, but accept that trade-offs must sometimes be made to push the business forward.
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced, but often roller coaster environment of an early stage startup.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller (written & verbal), both with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable representing the product internally and externally with customers.
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to push the product forward.
- You have experience or an interest in mentoring more junior product managers.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.