Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Security Staff Engineer
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for a versatile security engineer who can lead the development of key functions within our security program.
You will be responsible for leading the creation and improvement of complex, cross-functional processes spanning risk management, vulnerability management, incident response, monitoring/alerting, data privacy, and others. Doing this successfully will require:
A deep understanding of information security principlesExperience successfully applying information security best practices in a development/SaaS environment
The ability to direct the work of partner teams and other security team members, and stand up sustainable processes that can be seamlessly handed off to other owners
- A creative and solution-oriented attitude. You’ll leverage this when finding solutions that work for all stakeholders.
- The patience to fully understand our partner teams’ processes and goals. You’ll need this so you can implement thoughtful, complementary security solutions.
- The ability to build automation into security processes.
- You’ll need this to reduce the security burden on our partner teams and support extremely rapid growth across the company.
Level of Impact
- Are sought out for strategic and technical security guidance; you anticipate information security issues and make design decisions to avoid them.
- Multiply the effectiveness of others by facilitating cross-team work.
- Are consistently able to reduce the complexity of projects in order to get more done with less work.
- Listen and guide debates to help reach a consensus; once a decision is made, clearly communicate and back that decision.
- Make an obvious positive impact on the entire company's information security maturity.
- Preferred ExperienceExperience participating in security compliance efforts, including SOC 2 and IT-SOX.
- Experience using security tools (e.g. SIEMs, IDS/IPS systems, vulnerability scanners) and implementing sustainable, efficient, and highly automated workflows to address findings.
- Experience developing and managing enterprise risk management programs.
- Experience developing information security policies and standards.
Benefits & Perks
Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursementFull support for remote work
Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.