Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior Frontend Engineer
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Privy, a subsidiary of Attentive, is the email marketing platform for Shopify & Wix stores that need the tools & coaching to grow from $0 to $1 million in sales. We're the #1 reviewed sales app in the Shopify app store, and to date 500,000+ small e-commerce brands around the world use Privy-- and we've helped them generate $6 billion in sales so far. Our mission is to provide the tools, education, and support small ecommerce brands need to grow their online stores and build thriving businesses.
Why Privy Engineering:
We're tackling interesting engineering and scaling problems managing high data volumes and the unique challenges of working alongside tens of thousands of unique store configurations.
Our teams are highly autonomous: we organize into small (3-5 engineer) teams working with designers and product managers to make rapid and continuous progress every day.
Our test suite is highly parallelized and completes in just 6 minutes, and every merge to the main branch is automatically built, tested, and deployed to production.
We love to stay up to date and use modern versions of modern frameworks: Rails 6.1+, and React 16.13+.
- Develop and deploy web-based applications with a focus on performance and testability.
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers, designers and product managers to create new features and enhancements.
- Coach and mentor junior engineers.
- Focus on ADA compliance, frontend performance, and design best practices for all code the team ships.
- Maintain high standards of quality and customer value.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Deep understanding of web application architecture, object-oriented design, and computer science principles.
- Demonstrated expertise working with React.
- Communicate ideas clearly, and write intelligently.
- Interest in working on a product for which UI and overall user experience is a focal point.
- Continuously improve yourself, your teammates and the development process fostering a sustainable and high-performing team dynamic. Celebrate each team member's unique strengths.
- Inform tradeoff decisions with our Product partners, influencing plans and strive to grow customer empathy.
- We practice rapid iteration - if it’s been reviewed and makes production better, deploy to production.
- Before coding, we sweat the details and edge cases, debate the design, and disagree openly.
- We use the best tools money can buy, and focus on solving real problems for customers, not reinventing the wheel.
- We have a growth mindset and consider growth a part of every engineer's job, with dedicated investment time and resources to match.
- We empathize with our merchants, who come from every industry and background imaginable, and we're building a product to support their diverse needs.
- For an inside look at the engineering team culture, visit Privy's Engineering Blog.
Benefits & Perks:
- Unlimited vacation policy with a two week minimum
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Flexible work hours and fully remote options, including reimbursement for WeWork All Access
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- Annual charitable donation matching program
- 12-weeks 100% paid leave for new parents
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.