Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Learning and growth are at the heart of Noom’s mission to help people everywhere lead healthier lives through behavior change. In everything we do, we aim to optimize for fast learning, and we ask every employee to invest in their development and let Noom invest in them. We aim to provide incredible, industry leading learning opportunities for our employees to live up to their potential and ours. We are looking for a Head of L&D to spearhead this mission and grow our learning, training, and development programs in both our remote and in-office environments. Working closely with Noom’s department leaders and People leadership, the Head of L&D will be responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evolution of industry-leading L&D efforts for all of Noom’s levels and functions.
Reporting into the Head of People, this high-impact, visible role offers a unique opportunity to craft a mission-driven, thoughtful L&D program that enhances employee growth and impact while supporting a rich culture in alignment with Noom’s business objectives. The ideal candidate will carry equal parts strategy and execution and have the opportunity to build out a scalable function that can evolve with the learning needs of the company and the dynamic nature of the new world of work.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership and the People team sub-functions to develop L&D vision and strategy
- Build and scale Noom’s L&D function by hiring top L&D talent and developing innovative learning experiences that align with business objectives and personal growth
- Design and implement comprehensive development curricula at individual, management, and team levels and formalize Noom’s mentorship & coaching platform
- Establish benchmark milestones and rigorous evaluation strategies to measure the effectiveness of Noom’s L&D strategy and its outputs and to drive improvements
- Drive the most operationally-efficient and effective mechanisms/systems for program delivery--including content creation and facilitation, distribution model across functions and role types, programming cadence, vendor relations, and program administration
- Establish approach for using in-house design, tech, and partners to ensure high-quality learning solutions that deepen skill development and drive practical application
- Own the marketing and communications of programs, budget and resource management, reporting and maintenance of records
- Expand Noom’s L&D footprint by transforming the function into a consistent, accessible known internal entity, serving as an expert voice in the tech community, leveraging a network of innovative L&D experts to help Noom progress and fill in gaps in knowledge and expertise, and supporting potential partnerships that support L&D goals
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years’ experience in OD, L&D, DEI, or similar capacity
- 5+ years’ proven project management and strategic leadership experience and direct involvement leading L&D initiatives
- Passion for learning and helping people grow
- Proven ability to build a scalable, high-impact, mission-driven L&D function and programming
- Well-versed in leveraging technology for program management and delivery
- Ability to be a self-starter and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, collaborative environment
- Exemplary, inclusive, adaptable oral and written communication skills--with experience communicating complex information with clarity to diverse audiences across the organization
- Proven problem-solving trifecta of analytical, creative, and strategic skills
- Extraordinary, service-oriented project management, program delivery, and change management skills
- Experience in a startup or world-class tech company
- Strong knowledge of psychology and empirical research methods
What Makes This Job Amazing
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, close-knit culture
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in fast-paced, mission-driven, high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.