Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Dallas, TX, US
Mountain View, CA, US
Pittsburgh, PA, US
San Francisco, CA, US
Seattle, WA, US
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora’s Platform Security team’s mission is to design security into all software, hardware, and services developed or used at Aurora.
Our team is responsible for designing and implementing appropriate security controls for the systems used by Aurora employees, and collaborating with the product security team to ensure the security of our onboard vehicle platform and the cloud services with which the vehicle communicates. Our role is not limited to simply deploying technology that already exists; we also design and develop new security technologies to drive the industry forward.
We are searching for an experienced platform security engineer to join us on this mission.
Job level is negotiable based on experience. Remote work is approved for US-based employees, including for post-pandemic.
In this role you will
- Deploy industry-standard security features to a heterogeneous fleet of client platforms
- Design and develop new security technologies where appropriate
- Assist other teams in development of appropriate security solutions
- Perform architectural design reviews of software, hardware, and services
- 8+ years experience in Information Security
- Experience with the security functionality of at least one of the macOS, Linux or Windows platforms
- Experience with Zero Trust Architecture
- Experience building and evaluating threat models
- Solid understanding of cryptography as it relates to PKI and network security protocols such as TLS
- Ability to write production-quality code in Go, Python, or C++
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to understand user requirements and workflows and prioritize design choices that enable users rather than frustrating them
- Experience designing and implementing solutions for a Zero Trust Architecture
- Foundational knowledge of firmware security and hardware security as they relate to OS security
- Experience with IAM, Oauth2, Okta
- Foundational knowledge of cloud security, specifically AWS
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with Trusted Platform Modules
- A history of giving back to the security industry via open source contributions, published papers, or conference presentations
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.