Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Director of Product Marketing
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Privy, a subsidiary of Attentive, is the email marketing platform for Shopify & Wix stores that need the tools & coaching to grow from $0 to $1 million in sales. We're the #1 reviewed sales app in the Shopify app store, and to date 500,000+ small ecommerce brands around the world use Privy-- and we've helped them generate $6 billion in sales so far. Our mission is to provide the tools, education, and support small ecommerce brands need to grow their online stores and build thriving businesses.
We were named an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company (3 consecutive years!), and a Built In Boston Best Place to Work.
And guess what? With our recent acquisition by text marketing leader, Attentive, we're not slowing down any time soon! We've got the feeling of a small team with the resources of a large company, with a bright future ahead of us.
About the role:
The Director of Product Marketing will lead our product marketing team and play a critical role in scaling our marketing operation. You’ll be responsible for managing the team, owning our positioning, customer lifecycle marketing, and product launch strategies. You’ll also help develop our team’s intelligence gathering, research and enablement functions.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of our positioning strategy and develop both product and feature messaging that’ll win customers.
- Develop a comprehensive customer lifecycle strategy and partner with our demand generation, content and creative teams to execute on that strategy.
- Drive strong relationships between product marketing, sales, product management, and customer success.
- Manage core product marketing deliverables for a variety of stakeholders, including positioning, messaging, sales collateral, case studies, and sales enablement.
- Partner with our product leadership team to ensure regular cadence of launches and organize GTM plans with your team.
- Map and create multi-product, multi-stage customer lifecycle programs across our entire customer base and report on campaigns to help engage, retain and expand our customers.
What You'll Bring to the Table
- You have 4-6 years of experience working in product marketing or customer marketing.
- Experience developing customer lifecycle marketing campaigns for a B2B company, preferably in a PLG model.
- 1-2 years of management experience.
- Strong problem solving and executive presentation skills.
- Experience in managing large product roll-outs to existing customers and partners and in new markets.
- Proven ability to drive product marketing including developing product messaging and different content types for different audiences and channels.
- Prior ownership of positioning strategy and roll out.
- Passion for small businesses & entrepreneurs.
- Understanding of ecommerce and the ecommerce tech space.
- #LI-Remote #LI-SP1
Our Benefits That Put People First
- Unlimited vacation policy with a two week minimum.
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement.
- Flexible work hours and fully remote options, including reimbursement for WeWork All Access.
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home.
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!).
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities.
- Annual charitable donation matching program.
- 12-weeks 100% paid leave for new parents
Like what you see, and want to know more? Check out Q&A with your potential new teammates, here.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.