Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
Druva delivers Data Protection and Management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service; and its customers have driven down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Druva is trusted by thousands of companies worldwide, including over 50 of the Fortune 500. Druva is a privately held company headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and its investors include Sequoia Capital, Viking Global Investors, CDPQ, Neuberger Berman, Tenaya Capital, Riverwood Capital and Nexus Partners.
We are looking for a motivated commercial attorney who can contribute to Druva’s vision by supporting sales growth, with a focus on inside sales transactions. You will support Druva’s sales and channel partner teams by drafting and negotiating sales agreements, contributing to process improvements, and implementing operational initiatives to help scale for growth and drive business objectives. The ideal candidate will be a clear communicator, a competitive negotiator, team player, have great judgment, and understand how to effectively provide practical, business-oriented legal advice in a fast-paced environment. This role will report to the Deputy General Counsel.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, with a focus on SaaS and cloud technology agreements
- Providing feedback leading to continuous improvement of standard form agreements and corporate processes
- Building strong internal relationships with sales, customer success, finance, marketing and HR teams
- 2-4 years of experience drafting and negotiating a high volume and variety of commercial contracts such as cloud software sales, subscription agreements, reseller agreements, MSP agreements and distribution agreements
- Experience in privacy and information security or data protection is preferred
- Experience in SaaS industry is a plus
- Previous in-house experience is a plus
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Eager to learn about new and emerging technologies
- Able to explain complex legal concepts (e.g., liability, indemnity) to non-lawyers
- Able to prioritize effectively, multi-task and drive commercial deals to closure
- Able to advocate for a position while maintaining an open-minded approach
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and leave ego behind
- Good sense of humor and disdain for drama
- J.D. degree, admitted to the Colorado bar in good standing
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is $165,000-$175,000. Druva offers additional incentives for eligible roles which may or may not include annual bonus, commission incentive plans and and/or stock. In addition, benefits and perks are available to all full-time employees of Druva varying by location. In general, US employees are eligible for healthcare benefits, a 401k plan and company match, unlimited time-off, short and long-term disability coverage, and basic life insurance, among others.