Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
People Strategy & Operations Lead
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
On Attentive’sPeople Strategy & Operations Team, we are taking a new kind of data-driven approach to employee experience at one of the fastest-growing start-ups in the country. Our team applies analytics to understand employee satisfaction and growth, with a goal of using data to inform employee engagement, development, and retention strategies. Team members in this role will be able to design thoughtful and effective employee engagement programs built from analysis, cross-functional collaboration, and best-in-class peer examples. You'll be expected to own the implementation and successful outcome of every initiative you work on, collaborating with leadership and key stakeholders. Due to the breadth of your responsibility and impact, it's essential that you're able to motivate, empathize with, and communicate with stakeholders at every level of the organization.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, collaborative, adept at navigating interpersonal relationships, and quantitatively and qualitatively analytical. You believe in getting your hands dirty, and that no task is too small if it's in service of the broader outcome. You thrive in ambiguity and act as a strong operator with a service mentality.
- Develop a system of metrics to understand employee engagement, and roll it out to leaders across the company to empower them to better develop our team members
- Analyze employee performance and engagement data; diagnose problems and make data-driven recommendations on how to solve them to the executive team; execute quickly on those recommendations
- Establish business cases for People Operations initiatives
- Partner with our Learning & Development teams to track effectiveness of training programs and support iteration & continuous improvement
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders to ensure timely execution of projects
- Identify gaps and propose changes to existing processes. Develop scalable solutions.
- Execute on existing cross-functional processes such as headcount planning, goal setting, and business metric tracking
- Be willing and eager to tackle any problem, large or small
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of work experience
- Consulting and start up experience preferred
- Previous experience managing complex projects with many stakeholders
- Ability to track and execute multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- High emotional intelligence
- Openness and responsiveness to feedback
- Attitude towards continuous growth and improvement
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.