Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Sr Analyst, G&A FP&A
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is seeking a Sr. Analyst of G&A FP&A to join our growing finance team. This is a key position within FP&A as we strive to become a world-class finance organization and be a value-creating, customer-focused partner in driving business results. While partnering closely with G&A leadership, this role will be Attentive’s G&A subject matter expert. This will entail working closely with our G&A teams to accurately forecast headcount, spend, as well as working with business leaders to forecast, report, and find efficiencies within our G&A models to improve accuracy and efficiency within our processes.
- Be a strategic business partner to the Finance, Business Operations, Legal, HR, and Recruiting organizations by providing financial leadership, data, analysis, and insights & recommendations on performance
- Partner closely with our HR, Payroll & Recruiting teams. Key projects including but not limited to; streamline headcount processes, model recruiting capacity, manage merit and equity modeling, manage benefits & tax modeling, model office capacity, and real-estate expansion planning
- Develop financial models and analyses to support business cases for growth, and other initiatives. Review and influence the key assumptions driving the business case to ensure reasonability, feasibility and credibility and how that impacts headcount planning
- Design, implement and track KPI’s to measure performance against strategic goals, identify emerging trends and provide insights about the drivers of performance and return on investment
- Facilitate annual planning and rolling forecasting processes for the G&A teams. Own creation of budgets and forecasts for headcount, divisional expenses, and KPIs/metrics
- Lead monthly functional financial reviews with senior business and finance leaders. Deliver quantitative and qualitative insights, identify improvement opportunities, and advise action plans based on financial insight
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5+ years of experience within FP&A of a high-growth usage-based SaaS organization, investment banking, or private equity
- Experience supporting G&A functions in a finance capacity
- Demonstrated track record in headcount planning operations, budget management and developing strong business partnerships
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Anaplan as a financial system is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Experienced in developing and presenting business plans, models, and financial forecasts to leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset and go-getter attitude with a proven ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.