Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier's mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
We are looking for a Director of Planning who, along with his/her team, will own all aspects of inventory management and product planning processes. This role will provide the insights, data and direction in partnership with our sales team to optimize product strategy and revenue growth. The Director of Planning will also work with the finance team and be responsible for creating and managing inventory spend & projections for cash flow. This person must have strong knowledge of inventory planning and demand forecasting, and be familiar with all necessary KPIs. This role requires a high level of problem solving and ability to multitask. As part of a small team and quickly growing business, the right candidate will need to be able to communicate effectively cross-functionally, and proactively make decisions with a strong attention to detail.
Six Month Expectations
- Responsible for overseeing global demand forecasting & inventory management across all categories, markets, and channels. Implement profitable replenishment strategies and practices.
- Drive category growth strategy, constantly striving to improve forecast accuracy & inventory turn while minimizing risk of stock outs and/or excess inventory
- Work cross functionally to develop revenue targets and identify risks and opportunities in collaboration with Finance & Marketing.
- Oversee the management of in-season and pre-season category demand & inventory plans, and present to company leadership in monthly forecast review
- Report on weekly and monthly business performance with emphasis on product, category, and location, and channel drivers.
- Grow, mentor and develop a team
- Become familiar with Glossier’s brand, culture, values, and existing business processes
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Contribute to global initiatives at Glossier, establishing best in class processes for global inventory optimization to maximize receipt flow efficiency and drive effective expansion efforts
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve forecasting & reporting processes and methodologies
- Initiate conversations with partners regarding potential risks or opportunities, and suggest changes to drive towards business success
- Contribute to Glossier’s success through sponsorship of positive partnerships with teams across the organization
- 8+ years experience in the D2C and/or retail space in Planning, Buying and/or Strategic Finance
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and the ability to quickly master new applications and systems; experience working with statistical models a plus; experience leading or supporting S&OP a plus
- Experience with multi-sku and category planning
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, modeling and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects and adaptive to shifting priorities quickly
- Ability to create new business models to support strategic initiatives from the ground up
- Strong and persuasive communication skills with the ability to create clarity while building and maintaining effective cross functional relationships
- Proven management and leadership experience required
- Passionate about Glosser’s mission and ready to embrace our values of being inclusive, devoted to the customer, curious, courageous, and discerning
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.