productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
Come join Productboard and help more companies make products that matter. Companies of all sizes, from early-stage startups to established companies (like Microsoft, Zendesk, UiPath, metromile, and 1-800 Contacts), trust Productboard to help them understand what customers need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap. To help us with this mission, we’re looking for a talented product manager to join our fast-growing Growth team.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to drive adoption of our products by understanding customer requirements and market conditions and using that knowledge to develop and execute the right go-to-market strategy. You will work on developing differentiated positioning, compelling collateral, sales tools, executive messaging, and demos that highlight our thought leadership. You will own and shape our competitive program, partner with our campaigns team to drive awareness and demand through targeted industry, role, and plan specific messaging, create customer stories, and conduct market research to develop compelling proof points for our customers.
On a typical day, you will…
- Develop product positioning and competitively differentiated messaging based on user research, market insights, and product knowledge.
- Distill key functionality and benefits into core customer benefits, and create narratives around key product themes that resonate with customers. Work closely with the demand-gen team to leverage this content to drive pipeline.
- Develop a competitive intelligence program in partnership with sales and own the creation of sales enablement assets including battlecards, landing pages, 1 pagers, presentations, and demos.
- Conduct comprehensive win-loss analysis and share insights with product management to influence the product roadmap and partner with sales to improve win rates.
- Partner with CS to develop detailed understanding of retention and expansion and leverage those insights to drive programs to increase adoption and expansion.
- Partner with sales to understand pricing and packaging implications and adapt as needed.
- Source and produce Productboard customer stories that highlight the value our customers derive from using the product and share stories using a variety of creative mediums including videos, technical blog posts, and sales collateral.
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience (marketing, product, sales) at a B2B SaaS company
- You are a gifted storyteller who can translate technical features into customer benefits that resonate deeply with our target audience
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics.
- Can quickly synthesize disparate data into key takeaways, high-level positioning statements and craft messaging that connects with a diverse audience of stakeholders, including customers, sales, product management, R&D, and executives.
- You have strong relationship management skills with both internal stakeholders and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, delivering training to wide range of audiences.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to research and project manage dozens of changing data points.
- Collaborative approach with product management, sales and product marketing teams required.
- Ability to drive results through influence is important.
- Self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment.
- Education - BA/BS in Computer Science, EE, CE or similar technical degree required. MBA preferred
- Familiarity with product management processes and the tools on our platform
- Product management background
- Previous sales or customer success experience
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.