Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Head of Treasury
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is seeking a Head of Treasury to join our growing finance team. You will utilize your experience and background to build and manage a world-class global treasury function. This role is a fantastic opportunity to build from the ground-up, and partner cross-functionally to drive and support Attentive’s future growth both domestically and internationally. This will be a highly visible role as the need to accurately model and manage our liquidity becomes ever more imperative.
- Support Attentive’s growth and scalability by designing and implementing a world class, global treasury platform
- Assess overall risk around cash management, payment processing, banking systems, funding processes, and foreign exchange fluctuations; develop and implement the overall strategy to mitigate risks
- Develop and drive policies and controls to provide effective stewardship of Attentive’s cash across multiple entities and regions
- Develop and Manage relationships across the asset management and banking community
- Collaborate closely with FP&A and accounting to develop and implement cash forecasting models and reporting for cash management and cash needs, ensuring leadership is fully informed of key treasury metrics
- Collaborate closely with Corporate FP&A and GTM FP&A to ensure consistency within our consolidated financial models, reporting, and working capital assumptions
- Develop a best-in-class risk management/insurance program, owning renewals and balancing risk appetite with costs
- Refine cash flow modeling, including cash forecasts for leases, any capital expenditures and other working capital needs
- Develop and update Attentive’s rolling cash forecast on a weekly basis and communicate key results and variances to management
- Be a cross-functional partner by providing insights and analytical rigor to influence decision making
Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. Degree in Finance or Accounting required; CFA or MBA is a plus
- 12+ years of progressive Treasury experience; global/public company experience required
- Highly analytical and forward-looking with strong ability to execute, meet deadlines, and delivery high quality work products
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with organizational leaders, as well as external partners in the financial community
- Expert level user of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and/or G-suite automating the production of executive grade content
- Ability to communicate in an effective and efficient manner to technical experts and C-level executives
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, constantly changing environment
- Ability to think creatively to find optimal solutions to complex problems
- Ability to build a team and develop talent
- Passion for detail and quality, an ability to identify weaknesses in data and process, and a willingness to drive improvement
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.