Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Head of Pricing and Packaging
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is seeking a Head of Pricing and Packaging to join our growing finance team. You will be utilizing your passion for data analysis, financial modeling, and pricing strategy to develop, refine, and manage Attentive pricing, packaging, and discounting constructs. This role will be highly analytical in nature and partner cross-functionally to understand Attentive’s usage-based business model, customer usage behavior, and purchasing preferences. This will be a highly visible role as the systematization of our configure, pricing, and quoting becomes ever more imperative.
- Drive pricing and packaging across Attentive’s platform; optimizing for growth and gross margin leverage to deliver on the company's value proposition
- Gather insights from both internal and external sources to evaluate our competitive positioning and market opportunity and inform strategic pricing decisions
- Perform pricing and packaging experiments to optimize strategy across the Attentive TAM
- Work with product and marketing stakeholders to understand product roadmap and feature functionality to develop pricing and packaging recommendations and respective discounting constructs
- Partner with the head of deal desk, sales, and customer success to provide strategic and analytical support on negotiations
- Conduct primary and secondary market research
- Get executive leadership buy-in and alignment around new pricing and packaging strategies
- Develop pricing and packaging enablement materials for customer-facing teams
- Be a cross-functional partner by providing insights and analytical rigor to influence decision making
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of usage-based or SaaS pricing and packaging experience
- Strong understanding of SaaS/Telecom industry is a plus
- Comfortable with variable cost structures and cost of revenue modeling
- Strong experience with CPQ tools
- Led pricing & packaging strategy at a high-growth technology company
- Passion for data analysis and ability to distill into actionable insights by senior leadership
- High level of attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects at once in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate and communicate across Product, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Operations, and Finance
- Experience conducting user value and willingness to pay research
- Able to identify and develop solutions to complex problems from a strategic and operational perspective
- Expert-level modeling skills
- Ability to build and develop a high-performing team
- Ability to communicate in an effective and efficient manner
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, constantly changing environment
- Ability to think creatively to find optimal solutions to complex problems
- Passion for quality, an ability to identify weaknesses in data and process, and a willingness to drive improvement
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.