Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bozeman, MT, US
Dallas, TX, US
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for an Associate People Operations Generalist to join our incredible People Ops (POps) team. You’ll be a part of a fast-paced and growing team responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our internal stakeholders.
In this role, you will
- Support Aurora’s new hire on-boarding program with a focus on partnering with our immigration manager and creating a best-in-class employee experience. This includes:
- Ensure I-9s are completed in a timely and compliant manner
- Support immigration manager with any I-9 follow-ups or audits
- Track and manage re-verifications of I-9s
- Work with the team to manage the new hire onboarding process within our HRIS system, BambooHR
- Sending regular program updates and communications as needed
- Support our employees day-to-day with Help Desk requests such as policy and process explanation, employment verifications, HR system requests, and more. You should be able to:
- Confidently navigate and manage a high volume of incoming requests
- Effectively prioritize tickets and ensure tickets are closed within our predetermined timeframes
- Find and communicate policy information to employees independently
- Maintain accurate employee information in our internal People Systems such as HRIS and Payroll. Prioritize data integrity in all processes. Be able to run standard reports and business processes within our systems of record.
- Can confidently adapt to new systems and technologies, and learn standard processes including data entry, report creation and manipulation, and basic data analysis in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Participate in additional ad-hoc projects as the team continues to grow.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of progressive experience within HR Operations
- Proven ability to build solid, trusting and credible relationships
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong people skills with a customer service mentality and an ability to connect and support employees at all levels.
- Strong analytical and software skills including ability to learn new process and procedures quickly in our core systems such as BambooHR, ADP, GSuite (Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Drive, etc)
- Keen aptitude in problem-solving and sense of urgency
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Workday HCM experience is a huge plus!
- Solid understanding and experience of employment regulations in our operating states (CA, MT, PA, TX, WA, CO, MI).
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.