Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Senior CPQ Systems Manager
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 2,000 innovative companies like Paychex, PayPal, Hubspot, LinkedIn, MuleSoft, Shopify, Slack, SproutSocial, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
As a CPQ Systems Manager, you’ll play a key role in the Sales Operations team as a connected systems expert and work closely with cross-functional business teams to help strategic alignment across new product integration. You will own the pursuit of improving, developing, and configuring CPQ workflows that support our long term Q2C processes. The ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of technical and business experience with strong expertise in Salesforce and CPQ platforms.
- Lead, own, and deliver CPQ platform + SFDC process functionality, technical configurations, and improvement projects with minimal guidance
- Quickly become SME on our connected systems and partner with Rev Ops and Finance on operationalizing and automating integrated workflows
- Work closely with System (CRM) Ops & Dev team to integrate into each other’s delivery & priority plans to jointly align and meet committed deadlines
- Document the solution design with specific business and technical details
- Collaborate with Rev Ops, Product, and Pricing & Packaging leaders to translate product vision into a delivery roadmap
- Partner with Sales Enablement on communicating out and training users on new functionality and capabilities
- Groom & translate business requirements into well-defined user stories and acceptance criteria with a clear definition of done
- Effectively communicate progress and negotiate scope and timeline with business leads to achieve high value business outcomes
- Extensive hands-on experience designing CPQ workflows and processes (product packaging, discounting, approvals, etc.) that are tightly integrated with systems like Salesforce and NetSuite
- Excels working independently on fast-moving projects, in an environment where priorities frequently shift
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to build and interpret logical rules, data tables, and complex relationships.
- Proven track record of learning new technical systems and tools from scratch, and then becoming a subject matter expert in those areas.
- Deep understanding of CPQ, SaaS, and subscription management processes (including renewals and billing)
- Solid understanding of software testing, with experience building/executing test plans that involve unit, integration/system, and user acceptance test cycles.
- 8+ years of experience leading application delivery in high growth environments
- Salesforce Administrator certification (required), Salesforce Advanced Administrator and CPQ Specialist certifications preferred
PERKS & BENEFITS
- We offer Gongsters a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
- For most plans, Gong pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 50% of premiums for dependents.
- 401K program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter.
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment