Dashlane simplifies and secures your digital identity across all platforms and devices.
Dashlane continues to hire passionate people to join our mission of making security simple for millions of organizations and their people. At Dashlane we believe in leading with employee choice and respect peoples' different needs and preferences. Our interview process follows this same principle. In light of the ongoing pandemic, most people are currently choosing to interview remotely via Zoom. If you have different preferences, we welcome you to discuss them with us and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Dashlane is a web and mobile app that simplifies password management for people and businesses. We empower organizations to protect company and employee data, while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere. A better digital future starts with secure access.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
This position’s location is flexible within France and Portugal, and you can also opt to work from our Lisbon or Paris office. English will be your working language. We offer relocation support.
About the role:
Our browser extension is the central piece of the Dashlane user experience on desktop environments. It's right here when you need it, showing up whenever you need to autofill or save data while you are browsing, and providing advanced tools to manage your vault through its embedded web application. It's built upon Open Web Platform and the WebExtensions API, using technologies like Typescript, React, Redux, Webpack, Jest, Cypress, Gitlab CI, ... among others. It's a full-fledged desktop application: to respect our zero-knowledge architecture, a lot of the business logic is happening in the extension background processes and not server-side.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us build, grow, and lead the teams focusing on our extension.
At Dashlane you will:
- Help your direct reports to grow and develop as engineers, teammates, and leaders
- Recruit new software engineers and participate in Dashlane’s effort to be visible in the tech community
- Support teams and make them autonomous by giving them all the appropriate tools they need to deliver without friction
- Lead managerial initiatives to improve our current systems and processes in support of the company’s mission
- Work closely with product and business stakeholders
- Stay engaged with the browser extension codebase and technologies
- Help define the direction of the web platform to improve stability, security, and quality of the Dashlane product
- Work with passionate teams of engineers, product managers, testers, customer support agents, and others in a friendly and multicultural environment
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of experience in hands-on people management (ideally in a distributed environment)
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of the Open Web Platform API
- Experience with a company at roughly Dashlane's size and scaling up (100-500 employees)
- Experience working in a distributed team across multiple timezones
Get to know your manager:
Hello, my name is Arthur and I’m one of the managers of the Web team.
I joined Dashlane recently but I’m already very proud of the achievements of my team and the mission we are aiming to achieve. When you join us, you will find that our values are not just nice words that we put on our website to look well-intentioned but it’s actually something that everybody here is living by and ready to defend. We take our commitments seriously, but we also know how to have fun and help each other. There is a genuine sense that the company cares for the well-being of its employees and everyone tries to be as transparent as possible.
As a manager, I believe in empowering people to deliver their best and propose new ideas to improve our engineering practices.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to me on LinkedIn if you have any questions, I will be happy to connect.
Diversity at Dashlane:
A truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognise that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.
- Director, CRM (Remote Eligible - US) New York City, NY, US
- Data Analyst / Senior Data Analyst (Remote Eligible - France) Paris, FR
- Staff Software Engineer (Remote Eligible - Portugal) Lisbon, PT