Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Strategy & Operations Associate
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We recently acquired Privy, the leading email marketing platform for Shopify & Wix stores. Privy is the #1 most reviewed sales app in the Shopify app store, and to date 500,000+ small e-commerce brands around the world use Privy. Privy’s mission is to provide the tools, education, and support small e-commerce brands need to grow their online stores and build thriving businesses.
Strategy & Operations Associate
Strategy & Operations is a high impact, high visibility team whose mission is to drive strategic priorities across the company. We stay focused on the most impactful projects that serve our mission of reinventing business to consumer communication for the mobile age. Our priorities continuously evolve with the company & business landscape.
What you will do
As a Strategy & Operations Associate, you will combine analytics and business context to inform critical decision making at the company. You will drive analysis to support high-level, strategic initiatives such as market and competitive landscape assessments and M&A evaluations, design and implement process improvements, and collaborate cross-functionally to drive business outcomes. Successful candidates will have strategic and critical thinking skills, an ability to partner deeply with other functions, and a great intuition for balancing speed and precision.
- Business Performance
- Deliver analytical insights on our key business metrics
- Influence both product roadmaps and go-to-market plans by leveraging qualitative and quantitative insights to enhance business performance
- Assess and help prioritize new growth opportunities
- Evaluate competitive landscape and develop strategy to address evolutions
- Support large, complex cross-functional projects, partnering with functional operations teams
- Evaluate potential targets for acquisition
- Acquire & integrate startups that service our mission
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Management Consulting / Banking / PE background, start up experience a plus
- Experience working directly with the C-suite/VP level executives
- Previous experience coordinating complex projects with many stakeholders
- Ability to track and execute multiple simultaneous projects
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills (experience with Looker a plus)
- High emotional intelligence
- Openness and responsiveness to feedback
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work after COVID
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.