Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Legal Operations Manager
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
The Legal Operations team will support the Attentive Legal team by operationalizing the contract creation and contract management among other processes. We're looking for a motivated self-starter who's passionate about managing operational processes, analyzing trends and recommending and implementing process improvements.
The candidate will support the Legal team by providing operational and administrative guidance, enabling them to provide an outstanding client experience. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic, like being continually challenged, demonstrate sound judgment, and attention to detail.
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes and procedures on behalf of the Legal team as it matures and grows.
- Efficiently manage a large volume and steady stream of newly signed contracts for proper filing, organization, and ensuring that all records are up to date.
- Retrieve and analyze data using Salesforce or other data management systems.
- Communicate daily with cross functional teams on behalf of the Legal team such as Sales, Client Services, Operations and Management.
- Coordinate multiple projects and related communications and meetings with various stakeholders.
- Help maintain contract templates at multiple application touchpoints such as Microsoft Word, Salesforce, and e-signature platforms.
- Support the Legal team with other non-commercial, corporate and transactional matters.
Skills & Qualifications
- 4 year college degree in business or a paralegal certificate preferred.
- At least 2 years experience with contracts management and administration in an in-house legal department, preferably at successful, high-growth venture-backed companies.
- A strong “business-friendly” style that comes with an understanding that the Legal team’s primary purpose is to support the growth and success of the business.
- Understanding of a variety of operational contracts, including contract structure and contractual clauses.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client-service oriented with the ability to easily switch gears. High degree of integrity, discretion and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks, with excellent organizational skills.
- Interest in assuming additional responsibilities as the organization grows
- Must have familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google applications, Salesforce, and e-signature platforms.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans
- $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Remote-first company
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.