Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Sr. Director, FP&A (GTM)
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 2,000 innovative companies like Paychex, PayPal, Hubspot, LinkedIn, MuleSoft, Shopify, Slack, SproutSocial, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
As the Senior Director of FP&A, you will be leading FP&A for all Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy. You will partner closely with key members of the GTM Leadership team including the President & COO, CRO and CMO. You will play a key role as second in command to Head of FP&A at Gong. You will be a valued business partner in driving cross-functional, strategic planning and delivering business insights for all GTM functions. You will partner with various functions in leading strategic projects as well as report on meaningful financial and operational metrics to drive insightful and data-led business decisions. You will play an active role in defining strategic investments that favor the long term and set up Gong for continued success. You will have high visibility into the vision and goals of each GTM function as you evaluate and support key metrics that will drive profitable growth at scale.
- Partner with GTM leadership team in thinking through and modeling long-term P&L trajectory
- Strategically manage ongoing financial analysis on customer metrics, churn/upsell rates and developing a robust investment model to support the hyper-growth
- Lead forecasting and budgeting, partnering with department leaders on monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis
- Prepare and analyze management presentations, including monthly reporting, BOD, QBR, and Finance Review Partner with the Accounting Team to support the month-end close process
- Establish and maintain key metrics to help provide insights behind churn/upsell rates, customer support model, hiring targets
- Build complex financial models and analyses, including competitive analysis, gross margin analysis, pro forma models, scenario-based models with sensitivities, etc.
- Provide financial expertise to help support headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning
- Develop and implement efficient financial processes that support our rapidly growing business
- 12+ years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, equity research, strategy consulting, or strategic/corp finance, preferably at either a high-tech or enterprise software company
- Proven business partnership experience with C-suite executives and the demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership to various functions
- Deep experience with various financial applications, including ERP, CRM, and financial planning applications (Salesforce, Netsuite, Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Software (SaaS preferred) metrics, having experience calculating and comparing churn, dollar retention rates, cohort growth rates, lifetime value, customer acquisition cost, gross margin expansion etc.
- Experience working in a startup environment, with an ability to balance strategic initiatives and operational execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related discipline
PERKS & BENEFITS
- We offer Gongsters a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
- For most plans, Gong pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 50% of premiums for dependents.
- 401K program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter.
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.