Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for an Office Coordinator.
The office coordinator will coordinate various office tasks and functions to ensure office operations run smoothly. This position will also support Aurora sponsored internal company events. Events will include, but are not limited to our Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Family Day, Happy Hours, Birthday Celebrations, etc.
You bring a highly organized, positive, can-do attitude. You’re eager and ready to assist where required and bring a welcoming approach to all employees and guests. This position will report into the Workplace Team and work directly with senior office coordinators, coordinators, EA’s and team leads.
In this role, you will
- Welcome clients and visitors to the office and assist them as needed.
- Manage Envoy sign-ins and ensure guests wear badges.
- Secure reception area by maintaining a presence at reception.
- Accept and sign for packages.
- Assist Aurora team with prepping outgoing packages and creating shipping labels.
- Prepare desks for new hires.
- Assist HR with gathering supplies for new hires as needed.
- Check supply status throughout the office, order and replenish as needed, including conference rooms.
- Escort vendors to destinations if POC is not available.
- Check on lunch setup and cleanup; manage food vendors.
- Tidy conference rooms and whiteboards between meetings/interviews.
- Proven office management, administrative, or assistant experience. Team management experience.
- Experience planning large-scale events .
- Strong Computer skills and proficient in Google Suite.
- Experience using office machinery (Envoy, printers, mail services, etc).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organization and planning abilities
- Outstanding communicator both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with minimal direct supervision.
Required Responsibilities for Events
- This position will support all Aurora sponsored internal events.
- Events will include, but are not limited to our Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Family Day, Happy Hours, Birthday Celebrations, etc.
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues.
- Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse departments.
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list.
- Ability to delegate event planning tasks to other team members where necessary.
- Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings.
- Attentive to the value of staying under budget while planning event specifications.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Communicating with the marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event.
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present event ideas and plans to the team.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.