productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
We’re looking for a Senior Quality Engineer experienced in test automation to join our Growth Tribe team based in Vancouver. As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will be in charge of defining and driving the testing strategy for two of our product teams, ensuring the best possible standard of quality combined with high development productivity.
This is not a classical tester role – our role is much more strategic. We work with product teams comprising software engineers, a product manager, and a product designer to find and fine tune the right approach that best meets their quality needs. We truly are engineers, not testers!
You'll be fully in charge of quality for your own team, giving you a huge amount of freedom. Want to innovate something? Let's do it! You’ll also be joining a well-established and growing team with plenty of opportunities for personal development and impact.
About our tech stack
- Our stack has Ruby on Rails, and Node.js on the backend, with React.js and Typescript on the frontend – but we’re open-minded and willing to try new things
- Our services runs on Kubernetes on AWS
- Our database engine of choice is Postgres
- We use Jest and Cypress to test our frontend and RSpec to test our backend
- We are open (and excited!) about trying new tech, so there’s no limits to what we can do
- We strive for automation, with teams and individuals empowered by strong tooling and efficient processes
- You can identify the team’s needs and challenges relating to product quality
- You can define and execute a plan to implement the required tooling and processes, allowing the team to ensure a high quality standard while being highly productive
- You have experience with testing and coding
- You love to learn and improve your skills and are not afraid to jump into new challenges
- You like collaborating with other team members and always keep the end-user in mind
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.