Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Equity Plan Administrator
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an expert to lead the end-to-end administration of the company’s equity incentive plan. Reporting to our VP, Total Rewards, this person will be responsible for creating the equity administration function including evaluation of platform and migration, creation of best practice and efficient sox compliant processes, education of employees on all equity programs and alignment with legal and finance on all equity-related matters to ensure accurate reporting.
- Administer the Company's equity compensation plans, including managing all equity transactions, including but not limited to equity awards (stock options and RSUs), grants, amendments, cancellations, exercises, settlements, etc.
- In conjunction with legal manage the company’s cap table
- Ensure IPO readiness of the equity administration function including leading the implementation of appropriate platform
- Maintain pending grant lists and prepare materials for Board approvals.
- Process new grants accurately and completely
- Provide accurate and complete reporting to record the monthly stock based compensation expense
- Create and ensure all equity related internal controls are operating efficiently
- Work with internal and external auditors and finance team for quarterly reviews, year-end audits and SoX compliance, as needed.
- As needed, implement new equity programs such as Performance share or ESPP plans.
- Provide a high level of customer service responding to inquiries from current and former employees
- Manage external vendor relationships
- Partner with Accounting, Payroll, Finance, Legal and HR teams.
- Review and generate accurate recurrent and ad-hoc equity reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners (e.g., HR, Payroll, Tax, Finance, etc.)
- Develop and rollout education for participants on equity incentive programs
- May assist with executive compensation related analysis and programs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 7+ years of experience working in equity administration with comprehensive knowledge of all types of equity
- In depth knowledge of equity related tax and accounting items
- Prior experience in both private and public companies
- International experience
- Ability to both think and work strategically but also hands on in day to day administration
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.