Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for a highly motivated Accounting Manager to join our growing finance team. The candidate will be primarily responsible for the top line revenue section of the F/S, credits and related COGS. The candidate will report to the Accounting Director. The individual will be a critical part of ensuring we are reporting our top-line revenue in accordance with GAAP and specifically ASC 606. As we explore new products, verticals, contractual amendments this candidate will be critical in understanding the impacts to revenue recognition. This position will collaborate with stakeholders (FP&A, Billing & Collections, Client Services) across the entire organization and play a key role in driving some of the most important strategic decisions we make.
The ideal candidate must be intellectually curious, detail-oriented and be able to identify solutions to complex problems. Must also have a firm foundation in accounting with strong technical skills to guide business decisions that will have material impacts across the business and should have the capacity to take a hands-on approach.
- Key part of the monthly close process and will create and approve journal entries and reconciliations related to revenue and COGS
- Perform analytical review of results and present financial analysis to senior management.
- Understand the transactional flow-through of various systems, specifically our CRM to ERP and the impact to the GL and revenue recognition.
- Key partner in enhancing system outputs as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues impacting financial areas of responsibility.
- Internal SME on technical accounting matters around revenue, support in drafting memos and staying current on new GAAP pronouncements as it relates to revenue and revenue recognition.
- Work with the team to ensure successful completion of year end audit by providing analysis and supporting documentation to external auditors.
- Partner with internal and external business partners to understand revenue impact of new products, new offerings and expansion opportunities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Thorough technical knowledge of accounting, specifically around revenue recognition.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with CPA required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivot tables, index and array formulas, etc); SQL and Looker experience a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite Preferred.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and mindful of deadlines
- Highly motivated and willing to take on extra responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure with extensive working hours, in a fast-paced and challenging working environment.
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance numerous diverse projects simultaneously.
- 6+ years of combined experience in private industry and public accounting.
Benefits and Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.