productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
Background and Opportunity
The concept of product development and project management and are rapidly changing. The definition of a product manager has evolved over the course of the past few decades - they not only define product roadmaps but also the overarching go-to-market strategy, engineering plausibility, and general business strategy of the company. It is a complex, interdisciplinary role that requires levels of collaboration between the contributors, customers, users, and partners in order for a company to launch a series of successful products.
Companies often focus on their sales-driven metrics to power their growth; however, the true driver of growth is a series of successful product launches are built through a collaboration of excellent craftsmanship. Collaboration is key to success in both managing and developing a customer-friendly product. That is exactly what Productboard had in mind when we developed our product management system.
Productboard is the leading product management system that helps product management teams to get the right products to market, faster. It is essentially a system of record for any and all products. Over 4,000 customer-driven companies like Zendesk, Disney, VMware, Avast, UiPath, and Marriott use Productboard to gather customer feedback, analyze user data, prioritize product roadmap, and collaborate with everyone else in the team with a clearly communicated goal. Their end-to-end product management system provides clear objectives for all teams and aligns colleagues around the product development vision and process. Think CRM but specifically designed for product needs of any modern organization making digital products.
Along with its intuitive, yet feature-rich platform, Productboard enables teams to easily integrate with other engineering task management tools such as JIRA, Slack, Trello, PivotalTracker, and GitHub and with systems full of valuable customer insights such as Intercom, Zendesk, CRM systems, NPS systems, and many more. With a manageable and customer-friendly user interface, it provides in-depth backlog customer feedback and information for product managers to use for product development.
Everyone deserves to work on products that will be used, enjoyed, and loved – products that matter. It’s Productboard's mission to help product makers across the globe create exceptional products that resonate with customers deeply on both functional and emotional level. With Productboard, every team can make things that matter – together.
We’re looking for a VP of Product Marketing to help our sales and customer success teams engage upmarket customers with differentiated positioning, compelling collateral, sales tools, and content, executive messaging, and product collateral and demos. You will own and shape our competitive program, partner with our campaigns team to drive awareness and demand through targeted industry, role, and plan specific messaging, create customer stories, and conduct market research to develop compelling proof points for our customers.
On a typical day, you will…
- Provide thought leadership around market trends and core technology innovations.
- Oversee the development of product marketing, messaging, and storytelling for a diverse set of target customers for Productboard’s three main segments: SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise.
- Understand the process and rigor required to develop outcome-based and use case-based messaging and content that aligns to our corporate messaging, by persona and in support of our solutions and industries teams
- Bring excellent leadership to the company, interfaces optimally with Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing.
- Deeply understand target personas and segments, how customers buy and users adopt our products, and the value they derive from them.
- Have experience in developing messaging for multiple audiences, including both Product Management and IT/Engineering decision-makers, that can be adapted across various channels, social, web, events, etc.
- Clearly articulate Productboard's position and differentiation in the market.
- Create, curate, and present compelling content and sales enablement
- Represent the company at speaking engagements and conferences
- Lead and champions a growing PMM team, including hiring and development of talent.
What we want from you:
- Well-respected leader who has built, scaled, and lead teams consisting of 10-15 people within a Product Marketing and Technical Marketing function
- Experience leading outbound product initiatives focused on enterprise customers with sophisticated requirements.
- Experience leading product marketing collaborating with other functions across marketing, sales, and partner organizations.
- Creative energy, courage to throw out the playbook, and out of the box thinking, someone who is a futurist and can help supply the company's roadmap.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Experienced public speaker.
- Technically savvy with regards to our products, solutions, industries we play in or capable of learning very quickly
- Comfortable working in a very cross functional role with a highly distributed team
- Sales Enablement experience is a requirement
Compensation will consist of the following elements:
- A cash package in line with a well-funded high-growth company.
- Equity. Meaningful ownership in a company that has enormous potential.
- The personal reward is associated with a leadership role in a company creating a new business. This role will be one of a handful of key executives at Productboard and will play a key role in defining the company culture and running the organization.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🍀 Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.