Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Technical Program Manager
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
The PMO at Attentive is responsible for managing the delivery of top initiatives and helping guide them from planning all the way through execution and ultimately tracking the results / KPIs and reporting them. We drive delivery excellence across the enterprise to ensure business outcomes are achieved.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our rapidly growing team. You will...
• Manage 2-3 of top initiatives simultaneously with varying complexity and timelines
• Ensure all parties are aware of the required work for which they are responsible forPartner with leads to ensure dependencies are mapped and work is sequenced
• Develop & publish a release plan based on the product requirements, technical design/challenges or constraints, operational needs, and GTM requirements
• Work with the initiative leads to surface & resolve risks and issues (within the team before escalation to leadership)
• Maintain full visibility with leadership and other critical stakeholders throughout planning/execution/launch of the initiative (including raising escalations)
• Ensure results/KPIs are defined, tracked, and reported consistently
• Conduct post mortems to assess and implement improvements on future initiatives
You @ Attentive
• Solid understanding and experience delivering highly complex tech programs/products from inception to delivery.
• Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and a track record of working across multiple functions and driving accountability (engineering, product, design, legal, marketing, sales, etc).
• Effective communication skills to handle comms to teams, management and cross functional stakeholders at all levels, and a proven track record of getting things done/shipping projects.
• Experience working in a dynamic, fast-moving environment where self-motivated, autonomy and self-decision making is needed (to an extent).
• Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities to help teams prioritize and focus.
• Solid understanding of PMO best practices and the ability to implement on the ground with the initiative working group: release planning, dependency management, risk management
• Analytical and problem-solving experience Hard working and dedicated to doing an excellent job in all tasks.
• Not waiting for work to be assigned but finding ways to add value when processes are suboptimal
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.