Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora is looking for a Support Specialist to join the Technical Services team to provide World Class, individualized support for our enterprise. We are looking for individuals that are comfortable working autonomously, in a fast paced environment, but value being part of a team.
As a qualified candidate, you are Customer Obsessed. You start from a place of empathy with our customers and shepherd them through the process of resolving whatever issue is impacting them in that moment. Delivering a great customer experience is a large part of where you derive job satisfaction. You have the ability to take initiative on small projects. You are skilled at creating and maintaining technical documentation and understand the benefits of creating a self-service environment for our customers. You are comfortable working as an individual contributor and being part of a team that is driving towards shared objectives.
You thrive in a problem solving environment and collaborating with others to provide world class support and service. You strive towards excellence but understand your limitations and don’t hesitate to ask for help when needed.
In this role, you will
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Troubleshoot wide variety of user issues to resolution
- Walk customer through problem-solving process
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved
- Ensure proper documentation process and solutions to ticketed issues
- Assist on-boarding and off-boarding of employees (system and account provisioning, etc.)
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Develop and maintain departmental documentation
- Research/Recommend innovative and where possible automated approaches for system administration task
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur
- Provide “Smart hands” for various IT organizations as needed (Network/AV, etc.)
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working with modern Cloud IAAS / PAAS providers including Okta, Atlassian, Google Workspace, Slack.
- 2+ years of experience with various operating systems and hardware platforms including Ubuntu Linux, ChromeOS, OSX, & Windows.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Patience for dealing with difficult customer-service situations.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly to a high level of proficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in a heavy customer focus position involving technical knowledge and system troubleshooting.
- Expertise with modern Cloud IAAS / PAAS providers including AWS & GCP
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows Shell terminal
- Scripting / programming in BASH / Python or other
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent professional work experience
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.