Dashlane simplifies and secures your digital identity across all platforms and devices.
Dashlane continues to hire passionate people to join our mission of making security simple for millions of organizations and their people. At Dashlane we believe in leading with employee choice and respect peoples' different needs and preferences. Our interview process follows this same principle. In light of the ongoing pandemic, most people are currently choosing to interview remotely via Zoom. If you have different preferences, we welcome you to discuss them with us and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Dashlane's mission is to make security simple for millions of organizations and their people. We empower businesses of every size to protect company and employee data while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere.
Our global team with offices in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
About the role:
Dashlane is looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead our backend team. The backend team maintains and builds APIs that provide core user functionality such as data synchronization between devices, support for business features, subscriptions management, and much more. These services are used daily by millions of users, translating into hundreds of millions of requests per day. The team is also in charge of securely storing our users’ encrypted data and maintaining our infrastructure on AWS. Some of the technologies we work with include Node.js, Mysql, Redis, Terraform, Ansible, AWS, Docker, and Gitlab.
This role will be instrumental in improving Dashlane’s current systems, processes, and infrastructure necessary to support future growth and expansion plans.
If you’re someone who is excited by big challenges and high-impact work, this team is right for you!
At Dashlane, depending on your role, you'll be able to opt to work from the office or remotely. Due to legal constraints, at the moment Dashlane can only hire remotely in one of the three countries we have offices (Portugal, France and the US).
This position’s location is flexible within the US, and you can also opt to work in our NYC office.
At Dashlane you will:
- Help your direct reports to grow and develop as engineers, teammates, and leaders
- Recruit new software engineers and participate in Dashlane’s effort to be visible in the tech community
- Lead managerial initiatives to improve our current systems and processes in support of the company’s mission
- Stay engaged with the backend codebase and technologies
- Help define the direction of the backend server platform to improve stability, security, and quality of the Dashlane product
- Work with passionate teams of engineers, product managers, testers, customer support agents, and others in a friendly and multicultural environment
About our stack:
- Programming language:
- Backend (95% of codebase) - NodeJS, Typescript
- Frontend (5% of codebase): Typescript (React)
- Infrastructure and storage layer: AWS EC2, MySQL on RDS, Redis, S3
- CI/CD: Sonarqube, Gitlab, Terraform, Ansible
- Logging and monitoring: ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Documentation and tooling: Confluence, Jira, Zoom, Slack
- 5+ years of experience in backend software engineering
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- Experience working with databases
- Experience with cloud platforms (we use AWS)
- Fluency in English
- NodeJS experience
- Security-focused experience
- Experience with a company at roughly Dashlane's size (100-500 employees)
- Experience working in a distributed team across multiple timezones
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company—founded in France and split between France, US and Portugal—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.
- Senior Product Manager - Authentication (Remote - Portugal) Lisbon, PT
- Senior Web Engineering Manager - Browser Extension Team (Remote Eligible - US) New York City, NY, US
- Senior Product Manager - Authentication (Remote - France) Paris, FR
- Marketing Operations Specialist (Remote Eligible - US) New York City, NY, US