Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all.
We are searching for an Operations Analyst based in Mt. View, CA or Pittsburgh, PA. This person will work closely with a multidisciplinary team in operations, driving analytical analysis around our fleet operations & testing performance. You will work closely with representatives in the org and liaise with Engineering and Product stakeholders. In this role, you will absorb large amounts of data to drive qualitative insights and quickly develop a strong narrative that leads to recommendations and builds our understanding of the business. We seek versatile problem solvers who can analyze and offer solutions to a variety of complex business challenges.
In this role, you will
- Work with data from many different sources to analyze trends and performance metrics around our fleet and testing operations
- Perform observational and mathematical analyses to help evaluate operational bottlenecks and direct process improvements at the company
- Analyze and visualize daily, weekly, and monthly operational performance to highlight trends or anomalies
- Communicate key findings and recommendations to a set of cross-functional stakeholders to help guide decision making - from lower management to executive levels
- Collaborate with many cross-functional teams to support data-driven decisions
- Leverage a close-knit and dynamic group of team members to coordinate work and share skills
- BS in a quantitative field (e.g. Economics, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer and Data Sciences) or 2+ years working experience in data analytics
- Proficiency in SQL and spreadsheets (e.g. GSheet, Excel) and strong knowledge and experience using relational databases
- Experience creating dashboards/visualizations using, e.g., Tableau (or similar)
- Knowledge of common data analysis, inference, and statistical modeling methods/tools
- Familiarity with Python for data analysis and/or general scripting
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced start-up environment and meet tight deadlines - excellent planning and organizational abilities a must
- 2+ years working experience in a Data Analytics or Data Science role
- Demonstrated aptitude toward data storytelling and root cause analysis using data
- Ability to take conceptual ideas and create concrete plans for our leadership teams
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Python, other scripting languages or programming
- Experience and interest in statistical analysis and/or DMAIC/Lean Six Sigma analysis concepts
- Experience building and deploying data science projects on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with the Snowflake data platform and/or Fivetran ETL connector (or similar)
- Ability to be a leader and mentor and commitment to learning; someone who seeks to deliver impact, but also invests in themselves and others
- Interest in the autonomous vehicles industry
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.