Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all.
We’re searching for a Senior People Business Partner to join our incredible People Ops (POps) team. You’ll be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management. You’ll serve as a trusted consultant to leaders and managers on people-related issues. You’ll formulate partnerships across your client group to bring programs to life and build rapport with all levels of employees. Our PBPs help their client groups focus on areas like individual/team development, goal setting, performance management, employee engagement, workforce planning, and talent management. You will support your teams to exceed goals and maintain high engagement.
In this role, you will
- Support Aurora’s end to end talent management process while partnering with Talent and hiring managers on hiring goals and offer approvals.
- Partner with your leaders and POps program leads to help plan training & development initiatives.
- Contribute to the support and implementation of policies, procedures, systems and initiatives across your group.
- Develop, enhance and/or provide individual and group training on a variety of HR tools, policies and procedures, and topics as required including Annual Employee training, New Hire training, Manager training.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues while partnering with internal employment counsel as needed.
- Develops and follows through on ad-hoc programs for your client group that help increase engagement and retention.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance with an emphasis on non-exempt employees.
- Maintain a deep understanding of California, Pennsylvania, Montana, and Texas regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree, PHR/SPHR designation or advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as an HRBP or HR Manager.
- Experience in a fast growing technology company is preferred.
- Effective communication with people at all levels of the organization including ability to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner.
- Able to develop and facilitate L&D materials such as team training.
- Proven ability to build solid, trusting and credible relationships.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You solve tough problems quickly and thoughtfully.
- A strong bias for action. You are self-motivated and know when to seek further support from the right stakeholders.
- Detail oriented and laser-focused on supporting internal processes & systems.
- Experience with organizational design and designing reporting structures.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.
- Vice President of Talent Acquisition Mountain View, CA, US
- Technical Program Manager - Systems, Safety, and Test Engineering Dallas, TX, US
- Technical Program Manager - Hardware Safety Analysis Mountain View, CA, US
- Technical Program Manager - Hardware Module Development Mountain View, CA, US